Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Baby X-T3: The New Fujifilm X-T30

Fujifilm has just announced the new X-T30, following the release of the successful and powerful X-T3. It has the same sensor+processor combination of the X-T3, but the similar body of the previous X-T20. If you were a fan of the X-T10 and X-T20, then you'll love the new X-T30. The biggest change you'll notice is the addition of the joystick but removal of the D-pad. Although Fujifilm insists that using the touch screen will compensate for the loss of the D-Pad, on the new X-T30, it might actually work out. The new LCD is more responsive and quicker. Even the touch+drag AF point selection while using the EVF on the X-T30 is very fast and accurate. Here is a quick list of the key features of the new X-T30:

-26.1MP APS-C X-Trans BSI CMOS 4 Sensor
-100% Phase Detection (2.16M-dot) with 425 AF points
-Back-side illuminated sensor design with base ISO 160 and reduced rolling shutter
-X-Processor 4 with Quad CPU (3 times faster than previous processor)
-Blackout Free 30fps in ES (electronic shutter) with 1.25x crop (20fps in ES without crop, 8fps with mechanical shutter)
-16 film simulations, including Eterna for cinematic look for both stills and video
-Lowlight AF -3.0 EV, 240 simultaneous AF/AE calculations, 300% faster PDAF focusing between near and far subjects
-383g light-weight retro-inspired design with top & bottom plate aluminum. Available in silver, black and ltd edition charcoal silver
-Improved EVF with 100fps refresh and 800 cd/m2 (nits) brightness
-Improved LCD touch screen with increased touch sensitivity and speed, especially in AF drag mode while using EVF
-Real-time Face + Eye Detection, improved algorithm over X-T3
-Addition of joystick lever instead of D-pad with increase usability of LCD screen
-upgraded USB-C connection for downloading, charging, powering (with PD Battery Pack), and use with USB-C to 3.5mm adapter (not included) to use as headphone jack for video
-DCI 4K 30fps (over sampled 6K) 200Mbps with 10 min limit
-H.264 4:2:0 8bit internal or 4:2:2 10bit external
-Full HD 30/60fps with 15 min limit
-48KHz 24bit high bit-depth sound (Internal Pre-amp)
-HD 120fps high speed video (with 1.29x crop) for cinematic BROLL
-Time-coding, Zebra, Silent Movie Mode, F-Log, Tally Light

Attached below are some comparisons between the X-T20 and X-T3, as well as some video and shutter specs on the X-T30:

For more information, please enjoy my YouTube video review HERE

1 comment:

1. Macally is a company that i’ve never heard of before throat mic. PodDuo is a product i came across last week and figured i would give it a try. As always

ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.